Muslims for Life
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community has, since its founding, upheld the sanctity of all life as emphasized by Islam. The Holy Qur’an teaches that life is sacred and reaffirms Biblical teaching that whoever unjustly kills a single person is as if he had killed all of mankind; and whoever saves the life of one person is as if he has saved the life of all of humanity (5:33). In his Farewell Pilgrimage address, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Even as this month, land and day of Pilgrimage are holy, so has God made the blood, property and honor of every human being sacred.”
In this spirit, the Community followed this with its “Muslims for Loyalty” campaign in January 2011. Islam teaches and requires that Muslims live as loyal citizens of the countries where they reside. The Holy Qur’an declares: "O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey His Messenger and those who are in authority among you." Prophet Muhammad taught: Love of one’s country of residence is part of faith. Let it be known: Muslims who rebel against the rule of law invite the wrath of God, not His pleasure. The Holy Book of Islam, the Holy Qur’an (2:12-16), states that inciting rebellion, sowing sedition and creating disorder is a means of damnation, not salvation.
The “Muslims for Life” campaign, whose goal is to collect enough blood to save 30,000 lives in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, is a natural continuation of the theme that true Islam teaches peace and values the sanctity of all life.
Our hope is to convey to the community in which we live that the face of true Islam is one of tolerance and unity; sponsoring blood drives across the nation in order to save lives is a way to honor and remember those who lost their lives on 9 / 11 at the hands of those who have defamed the true meaning of Islam.
Updates: Please see http://www.muslimsforlife.org/ for updates about "Muslims for Life" campaign updates at the national level.
Blood Collection Effort by Orlando Chapter:
- Orlando: Friday, September 2, 2011 from 12:00 noon to 5:00 PM at 9501 Satellite Blvd Ste 103, Orlando, FL 32837-8445 - 9 Units Collected.
- Jacksonville: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at 900 Southside Boulevard BLDG 100. Jacksonville FL 32256 (in conjunction with Bank of America) - 15 Units Collected.
- Gainesville: Sunday, September 11, 2011 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Trinity United Methodist Church, 4000 NW 53rd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32653 (in conjunction with Interfaith Forum of Gainesville) - 21 Units Collected.
- Mulberry: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM - 10 Units Collected.
- Orlando: Saturday, December 12, 2015 from 1:30 PM to 6:30 PM at 9501 Satellite Blvd Ste 103, Orlando, FL 32837-8445 - 12 Units Collected.